Friday, October 28, 2011

Candy Corn Cupcakes

I saw a them on one of my favorite blogs and when they announced at work that we would have a potluck for Halloween I knew it would be the perfect time to bake them.

They were really simple to do.  You buy a white cake mix and follow the standard baking directions.  Then split the batter in half and dye one yellow and one orange, to your desired color shade.  Fill each cupcake liner 1/3 yellow and 1/3 orange.  I did all the yellow first and then all the orange.  Pop them in the oven.

Now for me, I like my cupcakes to not look like muffins, you know, kind of flat... so I saw on pinterest how to make them rise!  Start your oven at 350, right when you put the cupcakes in, reduce the temp to 325 and bake for about 26 min.  It really did work for me.

When they are done and cooled, frost.  I just used vanilla frosting from the can because I'm all about the simple stuff.  Top with festive Halloween sprinkles and one Candy Corn.  Ta Da!



No comments:

Post a Comment